Let’s take a look at North America and specifically North Dakota. North Dakota’s oil and gas drilling industry has experienced rapid growth in recent years. The success of the Bakken Shale oil and gas fields has been a boon to the state’s economy, creating thousands of new jobs and establishing North Dakota as the fourth largest oil-producing state in the United States.
Unfortunately, drilling for oil and gas is also one of the most dangerous occupations in the nation. Even under the safest conditions, oil and gas drilling can be extraordinarily hazardous for workers.
A vast array of safety measures exist to protect oil and gas field workers from falls, malfunctioning heavy equipment, exposure to toxic chemicals, and other potentially hazardous conditions while on the job.
However, these safety regulations are not always followed by oil field foremen and the companies that demand faster (and often times fatal) turn around times in getting the rigs up and running.
Sadly, the majority of North Dakota oil field accidents occur because drilling companies, who are more concerned with earning a dollar than ensuring the safety of employees, fail to instate and adhere to proper safety protocols.
When gas and oil field workers sustain serious injuries on the job, they may be entitled to more than just workers’ compensation benefits. If a third party contractor, engineer, equipment manufacturer, or your own employer’s gross negligence or recklessness caused your injuries, you may have a claim in civil court for compensatory and punitive damages.
An experienced North Dakota oil field accident attorney can investigate your case and identify all responsible parties to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Check out also this post about Coal and Thermal Cracking.
Good attornies know first-hand just how dangerous oil fields and coalbed methane can be. Together, our attorneys have vast personal experience working in Texas oil and will represent people injured in accidents in North Dakota’s Bakken oil fields.
They will represent all classes of oil field employees, including gas and oil rig workers, roughnecks, toolpushers, drillers, heavy equipment operators and even members of the public who are injured by oil and gas company negligence. Check out here how coal is formed in a different way than oil is. Oilfield injuries, like coal mining injuries, can be devastating and even cost workers their lives. These attornies help workers receive compensation for all types of oil field and coal mining accidents, including:
- Gas truck accidents
- Gas and oil explosions
- Drilling rig accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Equipment and machinery accidents
- Gas and oil field accidents
Workers injured in Bakken oilfield accidents suffer catastrophic injuries that can diminish their quality of life forever. The chemical composition of oil differs from the chemical composition of coal but common oilfield accident injuries are similar to coal mine injuries and include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Chemical burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fall injuries
- Internal injuries
Gas and oil accident cases are legally complex. You will greatly improve your chances of receiving a fair settlement if you seek the assistance of an attorney with experience litigating these types of cases. The fact of the matter is that, finally, we’ve come to the conclusion that renewable is affordable when it comes to our energy needs. The transition will come so if you have any claims, come forward fast.
Good attornies will be relentless in the pursuit of justice on behalf of injured Bakken oil and gas field workers and their surviving family members. If you or someone you know has suffered an oil field injury anywhere in North Dakota, call a well-qualified legal team for (free) consultation. Most attornies handle all gas and oil field accident cases on the basis of contingency fees, meaning you won’t pay any legal fee unless they have recovered money in your case.
Bodily Injury (Broken bones, TBI, Burns, Dismemberment, Spinal Cord Injury, Slip & Fall)
North Dakota gas and oil drilling accidents often result in serious bodily injury to workers. Some injuries make it impossible for oil field employees to return to work for months or years after the accident. The problem is that we actually cannot ditch diesel, or can we? The discussion continues as we need to make an energy transition to save the planet.
If you have sustained a serious bodily injury in a North Dakota oil field accident, you deserve money for your medical bills, pain, and suffering, and lost wages now and in the future. Experienced attornies will achieve successful results for gas and oil field accident victims who have suffered severe bodily injury. Common injuries in the oil drilling industry are remaining challenges and include:
- Broken bones/fractures: Fractures and broken bones are painful injuries that may cause you a significant loss of earnings. These types of injuries may require surgery and weeks or even months of rehabilitation, during which you are unable to return to work. Even a healed fracture may cause a permanent reduction in motor function.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when the head is struck by a sudden physical force in an oil field accident, either due to a fall, malfunctioning equipment or an explosion. Victims of TBI often suffer permanent and irreparable brain damage that limits their ability to perform routine tasks for the rest of their lives.
- Burns: Burns sustained in gas and oil field explosions often require extensive periods of hospitalization, repeated skin graft surgeries, and leave workers with residual pain and permanent scarring for years after the accident.
- Dismemberment: Workers who lose an arm, leg, hand or foot in an oil field accident will experience a diminished quality of life forever. An amputation requires invasive surgery, physical therapy, and expensive prosthetic devices just to be able to perform the most routine tasks.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injury (SCI) is damage to the spinal cord that results in a loss of sensation and motor function. Some victims are rendered paraplegic or quadriplegic, permanently losing motor function of their limbs or extremities.
- Slip and fall injuries: Even when workers are equipped with proper footwear, safety equipment and training, slip and fall accidents are commonplace in the oil drilling industry. A slip and fall on a slippery work deck may lead to broken bones, neck or back injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and even death.
- Fatal injuries: The most serious North Dakota oil field accidents result in death. A wrongful death lawsuit may be appropriate in cases in which the victim dies as a result of his or her injuries. The purpose of wrongful death suits is to provide compensation and relief to members of families who were injured financially and emotionally resulting from a loved one’s death.
Gas and oil accident cases are legally complex. You will greatly improve your chances of receiving a fair settlement if you seek the assistance of an attorney with experience litigating these types of cases.
Good attornies will work relentlessly in the pursuit of justice on behalf of injured Bakken oil and gas field workers and their surviving family members. If you or someone you know has suffered an oil field injury anywhere in North Dakota, call an experienced legal team for a (free) consultation.