Tender: Expression of interest for consideration as a coal merchant
Hwange Colliery Company Limited is a public listed company that is in the business of exploring, mining, processing and marketing coal, coke and related products. Hwange Colliery Company’s mining operations are located in the town of Hwange, Matebeleland North province in the western part of the country.
Hwange Colliery Company Limited as the largest producer and distributor of coal and coke products in the country and in pursuit of market leadership, invites expressions of interest [EOI] from reputable and experienced companies to be considered for a smart partnership arrangement in the distribution of coal to Southern Region.
The merchants will be governed by a formal code and they will be aggregated into two  distinct categories namely, large and medium scale.
The coal merchants being sought can either be existing commodity dealers or new prospects. It is envisaged that trade will commence within a period of three  months from date of appointment.
Interested companies should submit the following information to accompany the Expression of interest:
· Detailed Company Profile, Certificate of incorporation, CR14, VAT Registration, ITF 263 and EMA certificate where applicable.
· Manpower levels and brief resumes of key management and staff.
· Details of available capacity to handle coal, like infrastructure, mobile plant, access to rail siding and weighing facilities.
· Proposed coal off take per month.
· Logistics plan, depot facilities in various parts of the Southern Region and capacity to move coal from Hwange to selected markets/destinations.
· Proof of availability of funds and/or bank guarantee of between USD 300 000 & USD 600 000.
· Present business references
· Brief awareness on Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Assurance Systems.
· Any other relevant information that will convince that the Company will be a competent coal merchant.
Interested companies are requested to submit their expressions of interest in hard copies in duplicate together with an electronic copy with all details through email before 16 December 2016.
ADDRESSED TO: The Managing Director
Hwange Colliery Company Limited
7th Floor, Coal House
NB: All information supplied will be treated in strictest confidentiality and will be for the intended